작성일 : 10-11-12 00:45
Notice of Mini Grants Available for the disabled
조회 : 1,640
| http://www.lifesplaninc.org |
Life’s Plan is a non-profit organization that provides Special Needs Trust options for people with
disabilities and their families. Life’s Plan is a Medicaid qualified trust providing supplemental care and
services through our personalized trustee services and pooled investment strategy. Our individual
pooled trust accounts do not jeopardize key public benefit programs such as SSI and Medicaid.
The families we serve have an alternate choice to spending down their loved one’s inheritance with
the use of a pooled trust. Life’s Plan has been serving individuals with disabilities and their families
throughout Illinois since 1986. If you would like to learn more about Life’s Plan Inc., please refer to
our website: www.lifesplaninc.org
What: Assistive technology mini grant of up to $300 to an individual with a disability.
Who is Eligible: Any resident of Illinois with a disability.
Limits: One grant award per individual with a maximum value of $300. No more than fifty (50) awards
will be available.
Focus: To provide grant money to help individuals with disabilities fund an assistive technology need
that promotes their independence in the community.
Requirements: Proposals should be limited to no more than four (4) pages. Proposals should include:
1. Name and contact information of individual applying for grant
2. Proof of Disability (SSI/SSDI Recipient, Physician’s report that meet SSA definition of disability)
3. Identification of problem or barrier
4. How the assistive technology can improve the individual’s independence or quality of life?
5. What is the estimated cost to purchase assistive technology?
6. Who will support you with this assistive technology?
7. Willingness to submit a 1 page report by 12.31.11 on how the assistive technology has
improved your life.
8. If awarded grant funding indicate how you want the funds delivered:
1) Check issued directly to individual applicant
2) Issue check to a third party (parent, family member, friend or guardian) of the individual
awarded a grant on their behalf to assure no loss of SSI benefits.
3) Life’s Plan Inc. will purchase and deliver assistive technology for the individual awarded a mini
grant to assure no loss of SSI benefits.
Examples of Assistive Technology
High Tech: iPod touch, computer software for improved communication abilities, communication devices
Mid Tech: Handheld voice recorder, GPS walk and run tracker, KeySafe with pass code for home entry,
amplified phone. digital talking watch
Low Tech: Electric can opener for cooking independence, digital talking alarm clock
Application can be e-mailed to: email@example.com or mailed to Scott Nixon at Life’s Plan, Inc.
at 2801 Finley Road, Downers Grove IL, 60515.
Proposals will be accepted up until 5:00 PM, November 30, 2010.
For questions or clarification on grant please email inquiries.